Heather Chance, DMD
Meet Oral Surgeon Dr. Chance
Dr. Heather Chance is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Chance was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She studied at McGill University in Montreal, earning a Bachelor or Science degree in Molecular Biology and then continued on the attend the McGill University School of Dentistry. She moved to Western New York to complete residency training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Rochester, associated with both Strong Memorial and Rochester General Hospitals. Dr. Chance was extensively trained in anesthesia, dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants and bone grafting, oral pathology, and reconstructive/corrective jaw surgery.
Dr. Chance is certified in the following:
– Basic Life Support (BLS)
– Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
– Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Dr. Chance is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
– American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
– American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
– American Dental Association
– New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
– New York State Dental Society
– Seventh District Dental Society
– Monroe County Dental Society
Dr. Chance is an avid swimmer and competed from childhood until the end of her undergraduate degree, nationally and internationally. She has swam all over the world but is now swims just for fun. Dr. Chance lives in Pittsford with her husband and two daughters and is happy to serve the community that she lives in.